Flatiron - An Adaptable Framework for Building Modern Web Apps with Node.js
No one agrees on frameworks. It's difficult to get consensus on how much or how little a framework should do. Flatiron's approach is to package simple to use yet full featured components and let developers subtract or add what they want.
Build a collection of decoupled, unobtrusive tools that can operate as well in unison as they do independently. Promote code organization and sustainability by clearly separating development concerns.
- URL Routing - A simple tool for directing traffic based on URLs that are received both on the browser and server.
- Templating - An unobtrusive templating tool that is fast,DSL free and simple to use.
- Data Management - A storage agnostic resource-oriented object to document mapper for building data models with validation and sanitization.
- Middleware - A Modern hybrid buffered/streaming middleware kernel backwards compatible with connect.
- Plugins - A plugin manager that provides lightweight application extensibility and composition with a twist of feature reflection.
- Logging - A multi-transport async logging library for node.js with plugins for many commonly targeted stores.
Demo: http:/ / flatironjs. org/
License: MIT License
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)