After you download the code, see Getting started with Hilo for instructions.
Here's what you'll learn:
- How to implement tiles, pages, controls, touch, navigation, file system queries, suspend/resume.
- How to implement the Model-View-Presenter and query builder patterns.
- How to test your app and tune its performance.
- To learn about creating Hilo as a Windows Store app using C++ and XAML, see Developing an end-to-end Windows Store app using C++ and XAML: Hilo.
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
Go to Windows Store app development to download the latest tools for Windows Store app development.Table of contents at a glance
Here are the major topics in this guide. For the full table of contents, see Hilo table of contents.
- Getting Started with Hilo
- Async programming patterns and tips
- Using a separated presentation pattern
- Using the query builder pattern
- Working with tiles and the splash screen
- Creating and navigating between pages
- Using controls
- Working with data sources
- Using touch
- Handling suspend, resume, and activation
- Improving performance
- Testing and deploying Windows Store apps
- Meet the Hilo team
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)