In my previous post Integrating Solr with PHP I did a comparison of several of the available options. Since then I’ve done more research and started to make notes of all issues I came across and all features I missed. Based on these notes I’ve started a project that tries to accurately model Solr and go one step beyond the existing solutions.
This process has taken several months, with lots of refactoring to reach what I think is the optimal model. At first I developed it as a library for my own projects, but I’ve decided to turn it into an opensource project. The project is called ‘Solarium’ and can be found on github: https://github.com/basdenooijer/solarium
Please see the GitHub project wiki for more info about Solarium, the current status and some examples.
I think the Solarium library in it’s current state is already very useful, but lot’s of great features are upcoming. I will regularly post updates.